Leadership and Management - Managing People
Cost (£): 350.00
To manage people well, you need a complex set of skills, including understanding others and being able to motivate them, support them and gain their trust. It entails being able to explain tasks, to keep everyone on track and productive, and to become self-aware so that you know what it is like to work for you.
If that wasn’t challenging enough, every person you manage is different. You will need to be able to flex your style and adapt to individual needs, while keeping your eye on the bigger picture. Over two days, this course will give you plenty of tried-and-tested tips, techniques and theories. Then you will plan how to apply them to your own work context so that your people management skills will thrive.
• What does a manager need to do?
• Reviewing your current management style and strengths
• Understanding what motivates others
• Personality: how people are different
• Adapting your style to get results
• Characteristics of a successful team
• What employee engagement means and the difference it makes to performance
• Handling challenging conversations
• How to coach your people
• Developing your personal action plan
Benefits for the individual
• Identify actionable steps to help you improve your management
• Recognise individual needs and know how to address them
• Use your knowledge of motivation to get your people on board
• Increase your confidence in handling difficult situations
Benefits for the organisation
• Improved team performance and motivation as a result of better management
• Capacity to address people problems swiftly instead of allowing them to escalate
• Increased employee engagement through better relationships with managers