First Aid - Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
Validated by Highfield Qualifications, this course provides first aid knowledge and skills that are specifically relevant to babies and young children. It enables delegates who are planning to seek employment in this field to become suitably qualified to meet the requirements of the national standards for childcare and child minding. It also provides a useful overview of first aid for anyone who cares for children.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. Delegates must complete a course workbook and their practical skills are continuously assessed by our trainer.
- First aid requirements
- Life-saving procedures for an adult, child and baby
- Recognising the dangers in an emergency situation
- Identifying the possible dangers to the first aiders in an emergency situation
- Summoning the emergency services
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Top to toe survey
- Recovery position
- Recognising and responding to children’s life-threating illnesses
- Recognising and responding to types of children’s injuries
- Offering appropriate comfort and reassurance to an ill or injured child
- Identifying the planning and reporting procedure for children’s accidents and illnesses
- First aid box content